Arthibition Hold the First Nowrouz int’l Visual Arts Competition
Goal: Spreading Nowrouz culture, different nations’ view points on Nowrouz, reminding ancient traditions and the reasons behind celebrating the event.
Category: Photography, Painting, Graphics and Calligraphy-Painting
Theme of the competition: Nowrouz, beginning of the spring, and Nowrouz culture
Following explanations can help the artists create their best in this regard:
Nowrouz marking the beginning of the year is one of the oldest celebrations in Iran’s history. The celebration has its roots in ancient Iran. The New Year is the repetition of the creation and representation of Iranian heroes. Nowrouz is the great opportunity for reunion of cultures and arts of different communities and countries celebrating this event. Nowrouz means the New Day, which starts the year and the spring simultaneously. All Iranians and Persian speaking people throughout the world celebrate this international tradition. Nowrouz is the best time to chase away the evil spirit and purify the mind and soul.
Before the New Year, people start cleaning their houses, buying new clothes and setting “Haft Seen” with seven specific items. There is one old belief that no sign of the past must remain since the soul of the ancestors come back to the earth and expect the newness.
Regarding “Haft Seen”, all seven items start with “S” in Persian language and represent one specific symbolism. Iranians choose the best and cleanest part of the house to set it. All the seven “S” include: Seeb(apple), Sabze (green grass), Senjed(silver berry or Persian olive), Sekkeh(coin), Serkeh(vinegar),Samanoo( dish made of wheat), and Seer( garlic).
In addition, there are some other items that Iranians like to include among seven “s”:
Quran, the holy book, for successful life
Coin for prosperity for the New Year
Water as the sign of purity and opening of the new doors for happiness
Rice as the sign of welfare and prosperity
Candle for light and life
Honey for having sweet life
Flower as the sign of newness
Incense for the aromatic smelling
Mirror for the reflection of goodness
Colored eggs for the fertility
And Esfand for chasing away the evil eye
These traditions can differ in different cultures, religions and countries.
Technique and style:
- There is no limitation for technique and style.
- Each artist can send at most 5 artworks.
- At most 2 artworks would shift to the final level.
- Works must be original, without being showed at any place or media before.
How to apply:
- Registration, and application form is only available through Arthibition website: http://www.arthibition.net/competition.
- All works in all sections must be upload at Arthibition.
- Works must be at least 50*50 cm and at most 150*150 cm and minimum 300 dpi in JPEG.
- Works must be at least 1 MG and at most 20 MG.
- Applicants must send their art resumes and biography (between 150 to 200 words).
- In order to apply, fill in the application form and upload 3 previous artworks of yours.
- Applicants must upload art statement in 350 to 1000 words.
- Include all details about the works ( name, category, style, technique, size, year, price)
- Any modification on information can be done before the end of competition
- There is no age limitation.
- Works must be original without any copying from anywhere or/ and anybody.
- Each participant must fill the competition form and send them only through the Arthibition website.
- This is virtual competition.
- A virtual exhibition be will available on Arthibition website and selected artworks will be published in Iranian and foreign media.
- Quality of the works must correspond to Arthibition rules.
- Arthibition has the authority to use the artworks in local and foreign media and advertisements by mentioning the name of the artist.
- You can contact us through email@example.com
- Submission will open on January 2, 2016 and end on 11:59 PM February 19. Register through Arthibition website arthibition.net .
- Winners will be announced on February 27.
- Virtual Nowrouz festival for visit and purchase will be available from February 29 up to March 29 though http://arthibition.net/virtual_hibition.
- Awards will be sent by March 15.
Tehran, Motahari, Ali AKbari Avenue, corner of Zeinali Street, 111, 1st floor, unit 3, Arthibition.
+۹۸۲۱۸۸۵۳۶۲۷۸, extension 155